Friday, March 21, 2014

Weekly Pick: Call the Midwife


I'm a totally sucker for anything historical and british so it was only a matter of time before I watched Call the Midwife on Netflix. Last week, I was looking for something new that I could binge watch after work on Netflix and this tv shows was popping up in several of my list of suggested tv shows on Netflix. While I'm not one for watching medical dramas or shows about baby's being born, I figured why not give it a try. I almost instantly became addicted to Call the Midwife. I believe I watched 3 episode the night I discovered it. 


The show chronicles the lives of young midwives living in the East End of London during the 1950s. It confronts the poverty of the area, changes in social norms, and a little of finding love. Besides for the addicting plot line,  the costumes and makeup are wonderful. If you are a lover of British costumes drama, give it a try. Seasons 1 & 2 are on Netflix and PBS will be airing Season 3 starting March 30. 

Learn more about the show at pbs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment