Friday, March 14, 2014

The Cure for Downton Abbey Withdrawal.


Happy Friday, Everyone! So Season Finale of Downton Abbey premiered in the United States on February 23rd and I personally think that it ended far to soon. While I struggling through my Downton Abbey withdraw, I stumbled upon this book on my mom's book shelf called American Heiress by Daisy Goodwin. This book is set at the turn of the 20th Century around the time that Cora would have meet the Earl of Grantham. So the book does not have the thrills of the roaring 20s but has all the charm of the Glided Age. 

Without giving too much of the story away, the book following the tale of Cora Cash, a rich American heiress to a flour empire, traveling to England and falling in love with a broke Duke of Wareham, Ivo.  The story chronicles their romance, Cora's adjustments to life in England, and questions the Duke's intentions about marrying Cora, a rich American heiress. 

I'm only half way through this book and I'm already hooked. I find myself reading it every chance I get. Check it out at goodreads



No comments:

Post a Comment