Monday, May 11, 2015

Monday Meal of the Week: Roasted Summer Veg and Chicken


Even though I look the act of cooking, I have very few items under my that I have perfected. One of my recent discoveries in the kitchen is this recipe for roasted chicken with summer vegetables. It's super easy to make once you get past the chopping. It's like on of those one pot wonder recipes because after you put it in the oven, you're free to do whatever you like! Here's how you make it: 


Step One: Chop all your veg. For this batch, I used summer squash, zucchini, red and yellow bell peppers, onion, carrots (i cheated and got baby carrots), and sweet potatoes which a peeled too. 

Step Two: Arrange Chicken (I used tenderloins) and Vegetables in the large over-safe dish. Drizzle with olive oil and season. I seasoned my chicken with lemon pepper and the vegetables with paprika, salt, parsley, and pepper. Mix it all together! 

Step Three: Bake at 400 F. I let mine cook for about 30 to 40 minutes. I know it's done when I can put a fork through the sweet potatoes and carrots.  


I, honestly, don't think it can get any easier than that. I like to make this before my work week in a large batch. I think it makes a great healthy packed lunch. I hope you enjoy this simple but yummy recipe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment