Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Monthly Makeup Picks: May


I am firm believer that you don't need to break the bank in order to have a great makeup. One of my biggest tips is to stick to what you know. I have about 3 brands from the drugstore that I trust to provide me with great makeup. When looking for foundation and concealers, my go-to is Covergirl. Covergirl was the first brand that I purchase any base makeup from and they haven't failed me yet. Their new Ready Set Gorgeous Line is perfect of normal to oily skin. It leave my face looking fresh. It's not overly matte or dewey. Both the concealer and foundation have a medium amount of coverage. I pair my foundation and concealer with the Body Shops Honey Bronzer to create sun-kissed summer face.


Eyeshadows and liner are by far my favorite part of makeup. Maybelline and Rimmel have always been my go-to in the drugstore. For a quick summery, bronzed eye look, I like to pair the Maybelline's Color Tattoo in 70 Barely Branded with Maybelline's Single Eyeshadow in Constant Toast. It's honestly the simplest look ever! The sheer cream of Barely Branded brights the eyelid while the Constant Toast creates a golden brown crease color. Most days I don't use a eyeliner for this look but if I do, I use the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Eyeliner in 003 Brown. The Rimmel Scandal Eyes have a buttery smooth finish and don't budge throughout the day. The 003 Brown is a great compliment to brown eyes when used in the waterline. I finish off my eyes with the Maybelline Real Impact Great Lash Mascara in Very Black. This mascara is great for creating a natural look.

Products: 

Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Fresh Complexion in 110
Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Concealer in Light/Pale
Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 01 Light
Maybelline Real Impact Great Lash Mascara in Very Black
Maybelline Color Tattoo in 70 Barely Branded
Maybelline Single Eyeshadow in Constant Toast
Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel
Rimmel Scandal Eyes Eyeliner in 003 Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment