Wednesday, April 9, 2014

spring basics: makeup



Spring means a good excuse to buy new makeup. Last week I made a quick stop at my local drugstore and a cheeky stop at the Clinique counter to stock up on some new makeup for spring. The first thing I wanted to pick up was some new nail polish. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear is one of the few nail polishes that I can truly say is long lasting and is my first pick when choosing new polish colors. I picked up the colors Mint Sorbet and Coral Reef. Both colors are perfect for spring. Mint Sorbet is the great spring pastel and compliments most skin-tones especially lighter skin. Coral Reef is a great go with anything color and I couldn't help picking up. 


Every season, I try to pick up a new foundation so that I'm wearing something that is too light or too dark for my current skin tone. For spring, I pick up Clinique's Even Better in 02 Fair. This foundation is light but has good coverage plus spf 15. I'm excited to see if this we help reduce so of my acne scars. As for eyes, I like to keep it basic as the weather gets warmer. Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink with a delicate cat eye gives a lovely retro look and it's quick. For the cat eye liner, I love Nyx's Super Skinny Marker! It does not move until you want it to! It's is perfect for warmer weather if you struggle with getting panda eyes or creasing on the lid. Lastly, I pick up to new lip colors. In the summer, I like to stick to nudes. The less fuss the better in my opinion. Rimmel's Let's Get Naked and Maybelline's Color Whisper in Coral Ambition are both great nudes. Both are very moisturizing and don't feel like you are wearing lipsticks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment