Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Hair Mask on a Dime



As someone with long, naturally curly hair, I have tried my fair share of hair products. On thing that I couldn't bring myself to buy was a hair mask. I was afraid that they would make my hair oily and weighed down. While I look at many hair masks at the store, I finally decided to make my own. I did a lot of research before attempting anything. Many hair masks use different fruits like mango and banana. Coconut Oil is another common ingredient. One thing that I quickly notice was that almost all hair mask have two ingredients in common: honey and olive oil. Olive oil is used to tame the fizz and give the hair shine. The honey is used to hold in moisture. Mixing these ingredient creates the simplest hair masks with little fuss. I love this hair mask and use about once a week to keep my hair shiny and healthy!

This is how you do it:
The first step is to wet your hair or make in damp. Then in a small bowl or cup mix 2 parts Olive Oil and  1 part Honey. The amount you use will all depend on how much hair you have. Whisk the ingredient together. The honey and Olive Oil won't mix together super well but just mix enough so that when you apply it to the hair you get a little bit of both. And now the fun part! Apply to your hair. Once apply to your whole head, either braid your hair or put your hair in a bun and wait from 30 to an hour. Wash your hair throughly after and style you hair as you normally would.

No comments:

Post a Comment